Are you interested in trying out a plant based diet, but you’re worried about getting enough protein? Don’t worry we have you covered! Did you know that you can cook with nut based protein powders? They’re a great addition to GF baked goods like muffins, cookies, GF breads and yes, even PIZZA! Try this simple and hearty gluten free recipe the next time you get a pizza craving but want to keep it healthy. A great option is Octonuts Almond Protein Powder.
Made from a base of almond protein powder and oat, this whole grain pizza crust is both crispy and holds up no matter how many toppings you like to pile up! Feel free to customize this pizza with your favorite vegan cheese and seasonal veggies!
If you’d like to try more pizza recipes, you might like this Raw Vegan Pesto Pizza.
*This is a sponsored post.
- 1 cupOctonuts Almond Protein Powder
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- 1½ tbsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons flax, ground
- ½ cup Octonuts Almond Oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- For the yeast mixture, mix the water, yeast, and brown sugar and flax together in a bowl and stir well. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes so the yeast can bloom.
- After the yeast has bloomed, add to the dry mix and then add the Octonuts Almond Oil. Mix well with a wooden spoon until everything is well incorporated. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Place in a warm spot in your kitchen for 30 minutes to proof. The dough should almost double in size, or fill the bread pan ¾ full.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- When the dough is done proofing, form into a pizza crust on a parchment lined tray and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Top with the tomato sauce, vegan cheese and veggies. Bake in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Tomato sauce
- Onion broccoli
- Vegan cheese