Cauliflower Leek soup is perfect year round! Readily available anytime of year, cauliflower is an incredibly satisfying and healthy addition to a plant based diet:
- A member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and may boost both your heart and brain health
- Provides your body with impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin k, beta-carotene, and much more while supporting healthy digestion and detoxification.
- A great source of healthy fiber.
This soup is incredibly easy and has an elegant creamy texture. It’s kind of like a potato leek soup without all the starchy carbohydrates.
Garnish with a few pieces of sauteed cauliflower and leek and a drizzle of olive oil.
Some variations of this soup you might want to try are adding curry powder, blanched spinach or kale, turmeric, or even lemon zest. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a healthy lunch or light dinner.
Love healthy soup recipes? Try this healing Shiitake and Chard Detox Soup!
Want to learn more about the health benefits of cauliflower? Check out some great info here!
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves and stem discarded, and then the florets roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 stems thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium stock pot, add the cauliflower, garlic, leeks, thyme and olive oil. Heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes until the leeks are golden brown.
- Add the water and cover. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer to a blender and add the unsweetened almond milk, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water as needed if you prefer the soup to be thinner.
- Bon Apetit!
[…] Potato leek soup gets a better-for-you (but equally creamy) upgrade with a head of cauliflower, a few cloves of garlic, and almond milk. Get the recipe. […]
[…] Rachel Carr / Via rachelcarr.com […]
[…] creamy texture. It’s kind of like a potato leek soup without all the starchy carbohydrates. https://www.rachelcarr.com/cauliflower-soup/ Beet Apple and Rhubarb Soup A delicious and super-easy beet, apple and rhubarb soup made with […]