Do you love to make juices and smoothies in the morning to start your day? So do I! It’s a great way to make sure you’re fueling your body with protein, fresh fruits and veggies, and greens, of course.
I like to mix it up a little in the morning by making an extra thick smoothie and serving it in a bowl topped with tons of fresh, healthy toppings. Amp up the protein by blending in some almond protein powder into the smoothie base to make it extra creamy and nutritious!
This is a really fun treat for kids, too! You get to sneak in some spinach, but it tastes like ice cream. And did I mention this recipe is sugar free?
Green Protein Smoothie Bowl
A super healthy green smoothie bowl with an extra kick of protein!
Author: Rachel Carr
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Raw Vegan
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen banana (peeled and chopped before frozen), about 2-3 bananas
- 2 tablespoons Octonuts Almond Protein Powder
- ¼ cup plant based milk (we used almond milk!)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Topping: chopped almonds, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, coconut)
- To make the smoothie bowl base, start by peeling, chopping and freezing the bananas the night before, or use store-bought frozen banana. Add the frozen banana to a blender and then add the protein powder, plant based milk, and spinach. Blend until smooth, using the plunger to make sure that it’s well mixed.
- When the smoothie base is done, divide it between 2 bowls and top with chopped almonds, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and shredded dried coconut to taste. Serve immediately.
- *Note: If the smoothie is too water or starts to melt while you’re prepping your toppings, go ahead and let it set up in the freezer until it’s slightly more firm, but not frozen.
*This is a sponsored post.54
Leave a Reply