If you are looking for a satisfying and wholesome version of pizza that will make you feel energized and fill you up, look no further! I always love a good raw vegan pizza for a healthy meal topped with fresh greens or served with a fresh vibrant salad.
Raw Vegan Pizza Crust
The basis for the crust is sunflower, zucchini and flax. The sunflower seeds and the zucchini form the mass of the dough, the flax binds it together and the herbs and seasoning flavor it!
Feel free to substitute other vegetables, like eggplant or winter squash. And if you don’t have flax seeds you can use ground chia instead.
This crust makes a good flatbread for other toppings as well, including olive tapenade, hummus, raw vegan tomato sauce and romesco. Of course, you can also use an endless variety of vegetables, herbs, nuts and seeds as well, either cooked or raw.
What are your favorite toppings?
If you’re interested in learning more about a raw vegan diet, check this article out!
If you want more pizza recipes, try this Paleo Pizza.
- 1½ cups sunflower seeds
- 1½ cups chopped zucchini
- 1 small tomato
- ¾ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 1-2 hours and then drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped herbs (as desired, optional)
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- ¼ onion, shaved
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh basil, julienned