If you’re looking for an easy and delicious plant based recipe to make at the beginning of the week, then this chili recipe is for you! The flavors keep getting better as the chili sits for a few days.
Try serving this chili topped with avocado, vegan yogurt, salsa and vegan cheese!
- 1 each red onion minced
- 5 each garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup tomato, crushed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 quart kidney beans
- 1/3 cup quinoa cooked
- Add 1/4 inch of water to a medium pot and bring to a simmer. Add the onion and garlic cloves. Cook for 3-5 mins until the onions are translucent. Add more water as needed.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, sea salt and black pepper to the pot and stir well. Cook for 2-3 more mins.
- Add the water, tomato, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and kidney beans. Stir well and add more water if desired. Bring to a simmer and cook covered for 30 mins. At the end of the cooking time, stir in the quinoa. Adjust the chili with salt and pepper to taste.
- Although the chili will thicken, feel free to add more water to thin the chili if you’d like! When serving, top with avocado, vegan yogurt and cheese and spicy salsa.