What is better than pancakes, but HEART shaped pancakes? Seriously, so cute!
Colored with beet juice and shaped in a big heart shaped cookie cutter, these pancakes can be made into perfect hearts. Serve these fluffy and tender pancakes with vegan whipped cream, maple syrup and raspberries for a breakfast worthy of the apple of your eye.
- 2 tablespoons flax, ground
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1½ cups ap flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ cups oat milk (or any vegan milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup beet juice (optional)
- Mix together Flax Egg ingredients and allow to sit for 10 minutes,
- Mix together dry mix ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix wet mix together first, and then add to the dry mix along with the FLAX EGG.
- Do not overtax. Mix just until the batter isn’t too lumpy. A few lumps are ok.
- Coat a pan lightly and pre-heat over medium high heat.
- Use a ¼ cup to scoop batter and pour into the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides.