There is something so satisfying and easy about throwing a sweet potato into the oven and building a great vegan dinner around it. You can stuff a sweet potato with ALL kinds of things, from grains, beans, sauteed vegetables and greens, chili, vegetable curry or any number of yummy vegan sauces.
I love how quick this version is-just roast the marinated chickpeas and mash up some avocado and you have a super quick and tasty stuffing, that’s high in healthy fats and protein, making this a nutritionally well rounded meal.
I was eating these chickpeas all week as a snack! I used canned chickpeas but you can cook them from dried chickpeas if you like.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil. melted
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 avocado, pitted
- juice of 2 lime
- 4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 cherry pepper or jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- more chopped cilantro
- salsa, whatever is your favorite!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place in the oven on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced to the center.
- Place the chickpeas on an oiled sheet pan and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Mash the avocado with the lime, sea salt, cilantro and black pepper.
- After removing the sweet potatoes from the oven, slice them lengthwise and place them on a plate.
- Top with the guacamole, curried chickpeas and salsa. Garnish with cilantro and chopped peppers.