Guilt Free Desserts
Is there anything more decadent and delicious than a rich chocolatey brownie? Having a guilt free recipe in your back pocket is a must! Black bean brownies are a great recipe to try for a simple, pantry friendly gluten free dessert!
The Secret Ingredient
What is the secret ingredient giving these brownies such a moist and fudgey texture? Black Beans! Legumes help moisten the brownies while they bake to prevent a dry final result which can happen with gluten free cooking. Black beans also help hold the brownies together without eggs.
Legumes also give you a nice dose of extra protein as well and pair well with chocolate. In this recipe, I’ve used both powdered chocolate (or cacao, if you like!) and dark vegan baking chocolate chunks for some richness.
Gluten Free Baking Tip
Be careful when you take these Black Bean Brownies out of the oven because you don’t want to have them fall apart before they’re set! That’s a common problem with gluten free baked goods. So just let them cool and then remove them from the pan.
If you don’t want to use cane sugar (like the brown sugar in this recipe) try coconut sugar or even substitute date paste in a 1 to 1 proportion.
What is your favorite chocolate dessert? Try these Raw Vegan Chocolate Donuts!
- 2 cans black beans, salt free, drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup plant based milk
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add the black beans, cocoa powder, oats, sea salt, plant based milk, almond butter, vanilla, and baking powder to a food processor. Process until everything is well blended and somewhat smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts.
- Pour into a greased baking pan, lined with parchment paper in the bottom.
- Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting.
they look great have to try them soon thanks so much