This olive oil cake is wonderful made in a bundt pan where all the nooks and crannies lend a crispy exterior and light fluffy interior. Top that with a sweet and citrusy glaze and you have perfection! This cake recipe can made into cupcakes, layer cake and even baked in a bread pan to make an olive oil loaf.
Try to find the fruitiest olive oil you can for the best results!
Feel free to change up the citrus in the glaze and cake recipe to achieve different flavors:
- Meyer lemon
- Buddha’s Hand
- Blood Orange
- 3 cups ap flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1⅛ cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp tangerine juice
- Zest of 2 tangerines
- 1⅛ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon plant milk
- 1 teaspoon tangerine zest
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Separately mix the wet ingredients together and pour into the dry mix. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Divide batter between 2 greased 6” bundt pans
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pans. Place them on a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Pour over the cooled bundt cakes.