Simple, simple, simple! That what this delicious spaghetti al pesto is! Just throw your herbs in the food processor and go. Spaghetti al Pesto is great garnished with a wide variety of veggies. Try it with tomatoes, fresh herbs, mushrooms, zucchini, or eggplant.
Healthy, fresh basil is the real key to this delicious pasta. Easy to grow in a simple container garden and so healthy!
Interested in more great pasta recipes? Here’s a few to try:
- 4 oz dry spaghetti
- 4 cups basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- water as needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- basil leaves as garnish
- nutritional yeast as garnish
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Place the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Saving some of the pasta water, drain the pasta and place back in a sauce pan.
- Place the basil leaves, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until a smooth pesto texture is achieved. Set aside until ready to use.
- Mix the pesto with the cooked spaghetti and add some pasta water if necessary. Heat up until the sauce and spaghetti are both warm.
- Divide between two plates. Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.