Harissa rubbed & oven roasted delicata squash with baby kale and savory pistachio crumble. These were so sweet and delicious!
They are great as a side dish or chilled and added to salad.
Delicata squash are small and oblong with a thin edible skin. You can roast them whole or cut them into slices. They’re also super easy to work with since they’re easy to cut!
I could eat these healthy little rings like candy!
Have you ever tried harrissa? If you love condiments and adding a kick of spice to your meals, you’ll definitely want to!
Harissa is a spicy and aromatic chile paste that’s a widely used staple in North African and Middle Eastern cooking. If you can’t get your hands on some for this dish, you can substitute any chili paste.
- 3 medium delicata squash, cut into ¼" thick slices
- 1 cup baby kale leaves
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- pinch celtic sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Slice the squash in ¼" thick slices. Remove the seeds from each one.
- In a bowl, combine the avocado oil, harrissa and salt. Combine with the squash and toss to coat well.
- Place the delicata slices on the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 mins or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Place the pistachios, nutritional yeast and salt in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is crumbly and well incorporated.
- Place the roasted delicata squash on a plate and garnish with a bit of baby kale, and sprinkle with pistachio parmesan.