I also broke out my julienne peeler to get finely sliced carrots. I love this tool because it can be so time consuming to cut julienned vegetables by hand!
Isn’t it pretty to see this healthy rainbow of colors? I love it! Get all your veggies together in one place before you start building your spring rolls so they’re easy to assemble.
Roll them up tight so the spring roll is snug before finishing the roll! It will hold together better when you eat it.
- 2 small daikon radishes, cut into sheets with a vegetable sheeter or using a mandolin slicer to cut them into wide thin strips lengthwise
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into thin strips
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, crushed or chopped
- ½ cup spicy sprouts
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- water as needed to thin the sauce (depending how thick your almond butter is)
- For the spring rolls, peel the daikon radishes, and cut them into sheets with a vegetable sheeter or using a mandolin slicer to cut them into wide thin strips lengthwise. Finely slice the red cabbage on a mandolin slicer or with a knife. Pit and slice the avocados. Peel and julienne the carrot with a knife or a julienne peeler. Seed and julienned the red bell pepper. Thinly slice the broccoli heads into long strips, discarding much of the woody stalk. Chop the scallion into ¼” pieces. Crush the cashews into small pieces.
- If you used a vegetable sheeter, cut pieces of radishes 4” long by 3” wide. Place a little bit of each of the veggies into the center if the daikon sheet and top it with a few slices of avocado, cashews and sprouts. Roll up like spring roll. Cut in half if desired.
- If you did NOT use a vegetable sheeter, but instead used a mandolin, use each long thin slice to make a roll up in a similar fashion as the vegetable slicer.
- To make the almond dipping sauce, whisk the almond butter, tamarins, rice wine vinegar and sea salt. Adjust with water as needed to get the consistency you like.