This raw vegan Pad Thai has fresh, vibrant flavors of lime, ginger and lemongrass that come alive with the addition of farm fresh vegetables and herbs.
Noodles made from summer squash and green cabbage give a lightness and healthy twist to this popular Thai dish.
You have to try this delicious sauce! It would also be delicious with rice noodles or kelp noodles as well.
This is one of the recipes available on our weekly meal plans at Zen Kitchen!
Raw vegan Pad Thai with a light & healthy summer squash noodles, in a creamy almond based sauce with hints of lime, lemongrass and ginger.
Author: Rachel Carr
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 16 oz. almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 6 Tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons chopped
- lemongrass (1 stem)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup apple cider viinegar
- ½ cup lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
FOR THE PAD THAI BOWL:
- 4 summer squash, spiralized or cut with a vegetable peeler in
- 2 cups green cabbage, sliced very thin
- 1 cup pad thai sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
- 8 snow peas, washed and halved lengthwise
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 small bunch torn basil leaves
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Process all sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Makes 4 cups.
- FOR THE PAD THAI BOWL:
- Mix the summer squash noodles and cabbage in a bowl.
- Add the pad thai sauce and toss some more. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired. Add the hot sauce if you’d like.
- Garnish each bowl with the snow peas, bean sprouts, basil, cilantro and chopped avocado.
- Serve with a fresh lime wedge on the side.
Leave a Reply