If you are a potato salad junkie, you will love this week’s recipe! Potato salad is one of those classic dishes that can perfectly hit the spot, or be too heavy and unhealthy with loads of fat and unwanted calories.
This version is made without the usual culprit of high calorie mayo, and instead features an herbaceous and light vinaigrette with loads of greens. This salad makes a perfect side dish, or light entree. It’s perfect to pack for a healthy lunch at the office, and will keep well for days in your refrigerator.
Hint: If you’re making it to store for later,
- Add other veggies, like zucchini, asparagus, avocado, cauliflower or celery.
- Try making it with the potatoes while they are warm!
- Add in crumbled vegan cheese like vegan goat cheese or vegan ricotta.
- Add walnuts, pumpkin seeds or almonds for added crunch!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons za’atar
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 lb baby new potatoes
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cups greens
- To make the Za’atar Vinaigrette, add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Seal tightly with a lid and shake vigorously until all the ingredients are well-incorporated. Store refrigerated in a sealed container. Will last up to 1 week if kept refrigerated.
- Bring a medium sauce filled about halfway with water to a boil. Add the whole baby potatoes to the water and turn down the heat to medium low, and then simmer the potatoes for about 5-7 minutes. Try them to make sure they are tender in the center, but not over cooked. Rinse the potatoes and place them in a colander. Run cold water over the potatoes to stop the cooking process and make them easier to handle.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them all in half and place in a mixing bowl. Add the sliced radishes, carrots, onions, mint leaves and greens. Add as much of the Za’atar Vinaigrette as desired, Toss well and serve immediately