Wraps make a great, quick lunch with leftover roasted veggies and an oil free white bean hummus. Try serving it with this unusual broccoli and potato salad with an oil free tahini dressing. All the recipes today are whole food plant based and oil free!
Getting your fats from whole plant sources ensures that you’re getting balanced nutrition without all the processed ingredients. Whole plant fats include:
- almond butter
White Bean Hummus Wrap with oil free potato salad
A simple healthy wrap made with an oil free white bean hummus and garden fresh veg! Served with a healthier potato salad on the side.
Author: Rachel Carr
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 1 serving
- For the Hummus Wrap:
- 1 sprouted whole wheat wrap or tortilla
- 2 tablespoons white bean hummus (see recipe)
- ¼ cup roasted butternut squash or other roasted vegetables you have leftover from other meals (optional)
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion (optional) thinly sliced
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 2 slices of tomato
- 6-8 leaves of mint (optional) or cilantro, parsley or basil
- 1 cup mixed greens
White Bean Hummus
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- black pepper to taste
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp dijon mustard 1 very small clove garlic (optional)
- ½ sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper Water as needed (about 2-3 tablespoons) to mix the sauce to the desired texture
- To make the White Bean Hummus, add all the hummus ingredients to a blender and purée until smooth. Store in a covered container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For the Lemon Tahini Sauce, whisk all the ingredients together, and set aside.
- To make the roasted butternut squash, I like to roast a half of a squash for about 45 minutes, cut side down at 400 F. Then I remove the skin and cut the squash into bite sized pieces and keep them in my refrigerator to eat through out the week.
- To build the wraps, start by spreading some of the hummus onto the wrap.
- Then down the center of the hummus schmear, add a line of the roasted squash, followed by the cucumber, red onion, avocado and tomato. Top the veggies with the herbs and mixed greens.
- Roll the wrap up and cut in half.
- Serve with the lemon tahini sauce, and a side salad if desired!
Leave a Reply