Brussels sprouts CAN be eaten raw! One of the best ways to eat these little beauties raw is to shred them very fine and mix them in with your greens and other favorite salad ingredients. They are more tender then you think and kind of taste like shredded cabbage or kale.
You will love this simple, but delicious salad! Hearty and bold flavors make it perfect for a simple lunch or paired with a soup and crusty bread. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, low in calories and are one of the best sources of plant based Omega 3 fatty acids. They are one of my favorite vegetables to eat cooked, but they are surprisingly delicious raw.
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium celery stalks
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon dulse flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
- 1 cups finely shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup frisée
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons walnut parmesan (optional)
- ¼ cup Caesar Dressing (see above)
- For the Walnut Parmesan, place the walnuts, nutritional yeast and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until broken up into a a chunky powder.
- For the Caesar Dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- To build the Caesar Salad, place the shredded brussels sprouts and frisee in a large mixing bowl. Toss with a generous amount of Caesar dressing and top with the avocado and Walnut Parmesan.