Rich and chocolatey brownies with a protein kick from a surprising ingredient-black beans! Also, they contain a special antioxidant boost from blueberries. Sneak some high quality protein into your diet wherever you can 🙂 Kids especially will love these.
The chocolate gelato also has surprise ingredient. Click here to find out what it is!
- 1½ cups coconut palm sugar
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup gf all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax
- ⅓ cup cashew milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 16 oz (2 cups) cooked black beans
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Make the flax egg—mix the ground flax with the cashew milk and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the dru ingredients (palm sugar, cacao powder, gluten free all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- In a blender, puree the blueberry, black beans, oil, vanilla and flax egg. Mix in a bowl with the dry ingredients until smooth, little by little.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 9 baking pan and bake for 45 minutes