A slightly smokey and extra creamy version of hummus, this nutrient dense roasted carrot hummus packs a punch of vitamins, minerals and fiber!
There is nothing that compares to the first vegetables out of the ground every spring! The radishes are crisp and zingy, the carrots sweet and tender, and peas have a freshness that shout new life.
This easy appetizer is a great way to snack on all this spring bounty. The roasted carrots add beautiful color, super nutrition and sweetly balance the smokiness of the paprika. This dip is also bean free which makes it easier to digest!
Play around with variety of vegetables, or use this as a spread on flatbreads and crackers. Even flatbread pizza could use a boost from this healthy topping. Have it on the side with a salad for a high-raw lunch! Or even garnish with some chickpeas in a quinoa bowl for a higher protein meal.
The real fun comes in what you serve it with! I think you could use an endless variety of vegetables to create a plate that sings with vibrant spring colors.
- 2 lb. carrots
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash carrots and put on an oiled baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender and browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut off the ends and puree in a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Serve with a variety of vegetables-carrots, radishes, asparagus, cucumber, and celery.