Hummus is one of my favorite comfort foods. Slather it onto toasted rustic bread, and top with sliced of avocado. Serve it with fresh fruit and crudité. Add it to your favorite veggie sandwich or wrap. Top your favorite salad with a dollop for an extra protein boost.
However you serve it, be ready to fall in love. This protein packed, oil free version is so classic, creamy and delicious. What’s the secret ingredient? …white miso!
Hummus is hands down one of the most versatile things to prep each week-you can use it in so many ways, and if you make it at home, you have complete control over everything that goes into it. I love it because it’s a lazy chef’s friend, and it’s equally great with bread or veggies.
White Bean Hummus
Hummus is hands down one of the most versatile things to prep each week. Try this oil free, high protein, creamy white bean hummus for a healthy treat.
Author: Rachel Carr
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: 2-4 servings
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped.
- 1 (15-ounce) can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon) + the zest
- 2 teaspoons za'atar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste (optional)
- sea salt to salt
- Pulse the garlic in a food processor until minced.
- Scrape the bowl and add the beans, tahini, lemon juice & zest, za'atar, miso (if using). Pulse until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally. Season to taste with salt.