These thick hearty cookies are my go-to recipe when I need to whip up something sweet for a gathering! Nobody, especially myself can resist a delicious chocolate chip cookie. I’m not sure where they rank in the scale of popular cookies, but in my book they’re number 1 🙂
The trick with having soft and moist cookies is to hydrate the dough by letting it rest overnight before baking them off (if you can keep yourself from eating that raw cookie dough!).
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and toss with the chocolate chips until well coated.
- Mix the wet ingredients together with the sugar and whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Place the dough in a covered bowl and refrigerate overnight to allow the dough to rest.
- The next day scoop the cookies into 12 cookie balls.
- Press the balls together in your hand, as the dough can be a little crumbly, but I assure you that they will stick together once they're baked! Sprinkle a little sea salt on top before baking (Maldon salt is perfect for this!).
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 350F.