Watermelon season is upon us and we couldn’t be more happy!
Watermelon is one of the easiest fruits to juice, because even if you don’t have a juicer you can just blend it, and there is very little pulp. In this recipe we do recommend using a juicer if possible, but it would be just as delicious blended.
Watermelons are in the cucumber family, which surprised me when I first heard it, but makes sense when you look at them! Watermelon is extremely high in water content and is great for helping you to stay hydrated in the summer months.
Two vitamins in watermelon — A and C — are important for skin and hair health.
- Vitamin C helps your body make collagen, a protein that keeps your skin supple and your hair strong.
- Vitamin A is also important for healthy skin since it helps create and repair skin cells. Without enough vitamin A, your skin can look dry and flaky.
Watermelon is also low in calories and in combination with strawberries makes a simple and wholesome summer drink.
- 1 mini watermelon, fleshed scooped out and peel composted or discarded
- 1 pint strawberries
- Juice all the fruit in a juicer as directed by the manufacturer.
- Serve immediately. Add ice if desired.
Leave a Reply