Smoothie bowls are a great option for breakfast if you’re used to having regular smoothies in the mornings. This recipe is so simple. The base is really only made out of 4 ingredients (bananas, raspberries, acai and nut milk) and is more like an ice cream than a smoothie. That makes it great for dessert too!
I like to make smoothie bowls in my food processor rather than my blender-you can achieve a thicker consistency and purée with even the chunkiest frozen fruits. The fruits I’ve used in this recipe (raspberry and acai) are extremely high in antioxidants and will help boost your immune system, combat cell damage from free radicals and help your skin glow from within.
Feel free to top this bowl with your favorite nuts, seeds, and superfoods and you’ll never get sick of this bowl, I promise!
Some of my favorite toppings include:
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- shredded coconut
- raw buckwheat granola
- fresh berries
- fresh banana
- fresh mango
- fresh apple
- chopped dtaes
- bee pollen
- macadamia nuts (yas!!)
- 3 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 package frozen açaí
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup -3/4 cup cashew milk (or other nut milk)
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup fresh currants (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Place the smoothie ingredients in a food processor and process until smoothie. You may have to stop the processor and scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure that all the fruit is incorporated into the mixture. When done pureeing, transfer to a container and place in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the smoothie base is setting up, prepare the fruit and other toppings.
- Remove the smoothie base from the freezer, and divide into 2 bowls. Top with the fresh fruit, coconut, bee pollen and hemp seeds. Serve immediately!