Agua fresca is a light fruit drink popular throughout Mexico. It’s simply made by blending fruit with water, a bit of sweetener and a little lime juice. Let your imagination run wild with the possibilities here!
Perfectly sweet pineapple is a great start and then add fresh strawberries for the beautiful pink color and a hint of lime to wake it up! The vanilla gives a creamy undertone and beautiful round flavor.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 4 cups purified water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 packets stevia powder (feel free to use other sweeteners as desired-just add a little at a time to get the flavor just right!)
- Puree all ingredients until smooth. Sweeten to taste with stevia, or use your other favorite alternative sweeteners!