If you are looking for a delicious and filling pantry, then look no further! A hearty bowl of pasta and beans, spiced with garlic, and pepper, this dish mixes healthy vegetables with whole grain pasta and beans.
- 6 oz small dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups zucchini
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon sage
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 15 oz cooked beans
- 14 oz crushed tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring ocasionally until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add the zucchini and and stir to coat. Add the parsley, sage, and pepper flakes. Cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and red wine vinegar and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the broth beans and tomatoes. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pot. Simmer until the squash is just tender. Add the pasta and continue simmering until the squash and pasta are tender.
- Remove from the heat and serve.