Kale chips are such a delicious treat, and are so easy to make! The only thing that I wish I could do differently is make larger batches, but my dehydrator is too small. I only have a 3 tray model, which is great for saving space, but I wish I had bought a bigger one!
First, place the sauce ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth! Using soaked cashews will really help make this sauce super smooth and also easier to digest.
Set the Habanero Cheese aside until ready to use. Next wash the kale very well and place it in a mixing bowl!
Spread the kale leaves out on a mesh dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for 6-8 hours at 118 F. Make sure they are completely dried before taking them out of the dehydrator.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 habanero, seeded
- 2 bunches kale, washed
- For the Habanero Cheese, add the cashews, bell pepper, water, lemon juice, sea salt and habanero to a blender. Purée until smooth. Set aside until ready to make the chips.
- Thoroughly wash both bunches of kale. Allow to dry and then toss the leaves with the habanero cheese, making sure to coat all the leaves and rub the cheese into all the nooks and crannies of the leaves.
- Spread the cheesy kale leaves onto mesh dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 118 F for 8 hours.
- Store in a sealed container in your pantry.