Veggie burgers are a classic dish that everyone can enjoy. In fact I think it might be the most popular vegan dish among meat eaters and vegans alike. This veggie burger will become a favorite in your rotation, I promise! Check out the video for easy step by step instructions.
Give this delicious and easy burger a try next you are craving fast food! The meaty burger patty is made from simple pantry ingredients and has a hearty texture and slightly smokey flavor. Enjoy with toasted buns, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- 2 cups black beans (cooked or cooked) drained
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- burger buns, lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced tomato, pickles, vegan cheese slices
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well. With a potato masher (or your hands) mash everything together well until the mixture is sticky.
- Form into patties and black on a lightly oiled sheet pan (or one lined in parchment paper) and bake for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Allow to cool and store in a covered container.
- When preparing to serve, sear the patties in a skillet on both sides and top with a piece of vegan cheese. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, place on a bun of your choice and top with lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onion, pickles, mustard and ketchup.