Cookies and ice cream-the perfect pairing! I have always loved gingerbread and these cookies are so soft and moist! Surprise-chickpeas!! The avocado and ginger liqueur give the gelato a super creamy texture and keeps it from forming ice crystals in the freezer.
I know it’s not exactly green, which surprised me because there’s avocado AND green tea powder. You can experiment with adding more of the green tea powder if you want to get a greener shade.
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup agave, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 oz. ginger liqueur or another liqueur of your choosing (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoons green tea powder
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup vegan butter, like Earth Balance
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 “flax egg” (1½ Tablespoon ground flax seed and 3 Tablespoons water set in a dish until gelatinous)
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1¼ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 orange
- Blend everything until smooth. Process in an ice cream make according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Makes about 2 pints.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend all ingredients in your food processor until smooth.
- Scoop the dough onto a greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Pat down with your fingers to flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen small cookies